Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wilton Cake Decorating, Class 3

For Class 3 we had to make a cake with yellow on the sides and white on top. We also learned step 2 of the Wilton rose (even though mom and I went on to practice the rest of it because we got bored of waiting for the lady to move on), shell borders, and dots.

I never follow color-related instructions. Why would I? So I made mine with blue on the sides and green on top. I had clowns that were teal. I wasn't going to do the clowns because I just thought they were stupid. BUT I did it anyways. Here is how it turned out:

(p.s. it took about 10 tries to get this stupid picture uploaded on here since I'm an internet pirate and steal wireless from my neighbors! lol)

CAKE DETAILS:
Strawberry Cake
Vanilla Buttercream Icing (3/4 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp butter flavoring)

I used Royal Blue coloring for the sides, and Kelly Green for the top (doesn't look too Kelly though, oh well).
The borders are teal, done with the leftover from the clowns.
Pink dots are same as the details on the clown.
The Clowns were done with tip 21, dots with tip 3.

I don't know how likely it is that I will use those clown head again, they're kind of creepy, but I'll hold on to them just in case someone wants a creepy clown cake again.

Mom's cake turned out cute... she put balloons on hers, with cute little clowns that reminded me of Julian and Gabi. One was green, the other Yellow.

I don't know if I will miss taking the class... I think mom and I are going to get together to learn Course 2 things so we can do it without having to pay or go on their schedule.

No comments: