Monday, July 21, 2008

Frisbee Golf

I made another cake this weekend, just for fun, for family dinner's dessert. The theme of the cake was based on the Evite Jeni sent out.

We played frisbee golf (which, it turns out, makes your whole body throb in pain hours after you're finished losing, from your chest to your fingertips), and the winner's name was going to be written on the cake.

It was definitely fun, it was just tiring because we were walking SO much more than I thought we would. Art got hit in both ankles by frisbees too.

SO here's the cake before we played:So we played, and Carisa won (if you doubled her score, since we were playing teams and she was playing alone). OJ won singles.
So this is what happened:

Carisa said to put OJ on there too... after I wrote her name (it was kind of sloppy though, my arms were hurting from frisbee golfing). So I added OJ in there on the side.

I like making cakes even more now. :D

CAKE DETAILS:
Vanilla Cake
Vanilla buttercream frosting (3/4 tsp vanilla flavoring, 1/4 tsp butter flavoring)
Torted the cake, put a thin layer of the thin buttercream frosting on the middle, and a layer of thawed, sliced strawberries.

I used a #3 tip to freehand draw the flamingo in pink, then used my small star tip (I think it was #12) to fill it in with mini-stars. then I used #3 to draw the legs, beak, wing, and eye on the flamingo. The stars on the bottom were done with a larger star tip, and the dots with the same #3 grey.

When we cut into it, the cake was REALLY moist, and Art & Eli were saying it reminded them of tres leches cake (ew). I just thought it was moist and tasty. I might make a blueberry cake next. :D

1 comment:

Adelaide said...

That cake looks so delicious. I like to bake myself but my cakes never look a inviting as that one.

www.smartsolutions-ezine.com