Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pam's - - th Birthday Cake

To protect the innocent, I did not include her age.

Pam at work has the same birthday as Art. I told her I wanted to make her a cake, and she got really excited. She said she liked strawberry cake, and I happened to have a box of it at home.

Cake Details:
Duncan Hines Strawberry Supreme cake mix
Frozen, unsweetened strawberries.
Vanilla Buttercream frosting.

I thawed the berries in water, then sliced them. I put a VERY thin layer of icing on the inside, and put all the berries on there. It was a thin layer, but just enough berry to get a pop of the flavor in your mouth.

I decorated it with violet-tinted thin-consistency icing, which wasn't my best work, but nobody would care because I made ROSES! I made 7 roses using a little bit of violet and lots of pink to make a nice deep pink color. I threw in a few light green leaves too.



:) She loved it. She said she had a cake that was almost exactly like it when she was 7 years old. The same color of purple and everything. That made it much more special, and I was glad I was able to make it for her because I knew it was appreciated. :)

Happy Birthday, Pame-lama-ding-dong!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's even cooler than a stripper cake....

http://www.supermariogames.biz/pics/mario-cake-09272008.jpg

tee hee!