Monday, September 8, 2008

Jesus Pitones' 67th Birthday Cake

The future father-in-law's birthday was on August 14th. We went to La Jolla Shores with most of Art's family and extended family for his annual birthday picnic, and the next day Art bbqed some kabobs and I made his birthday cake and card.

This is the card I made for him. I used a Jolee's Boutique embellishment set and some curly letters I found on clearance at Michael's a few months back. I used an upside-down I for the exclamation points.
I made this cake because Art's dad is always working on something and building stuff. So obviously my inspiration was a tape measure...

Vanilla cake mix w/vanilla buttercream frosting.

Used golden yellow coloring for the base color, black for the black and grey parts, and brown for the handle of the hammer. Where the 12 and 1 are near each other, the spacing isn't so great but everywhere else it happened to look pretty even. I just eyeballed the spacing. I put small stars around the bottom.

Art's mom was VERY impressed with the cake as were his tias. They watched me make it to see how I leveled, torted, and iced the cake. They watched how I decorated it as well and I told them about the Michael's classes. Since they just got a Michael's in the valley, I told them they should take the class.

ANYWHOO.... that's that cake. :) The more I decorate cakes, the more I love doing it. :)

No comments: