Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Art's 33rd Birthday Cake

We all know that Art likes pirates and anything buccaneers-ey. So for his birthday this year, his parents and my mom came over to the house and we all wore Bucs jerseys and watched the game with him. Mom made iced tea which was gone before the sun went down. For dinner we had a huge salad bar with ALL the toppings you could imagine, and chicken wings (tequila-lime and buffalo). For dessert, I made him a cake. Well, I decorated it. Mom bought the cake mix, his mom made the cake, and I decorated it.

And so, we all know I'm kind of a control freak. His mom made the cake as if she were pouring it into a bundt pan or something, so she totally over-beat it. The taste was really good, but the shape wasn't really uniform like I would have for decorating. It actually looked a little like a mushroom. So I just leveled the top, and decorated it as-is.





As you can see (by the fake gang sign showing he's 33... and yes, there are that many candles on the cake!), he liked his cake. It was yellow, no filling, with vanilla buttercream frosting. There was only a little bit leftover, so I gave it to Phil who tore it up by himself. :)

Happy Birthday babe!!!

No comments: